Subscription wont stop running

• So I have a problem, one of my data driven subscriptions is faulty, well the stored procedure is, it takes too long to run and causes problems on the database. Now every time I turn the reporting services service back on it kills the database even though I have hacked the data driven subscription so that it wont happen in future but somewhere it has stored the schedule with the parameters and everytime I turn reporting services on it tries to execute the reports.

A bit more detail.

A user through and application requests a report. The data driven subsciption picks up which reports have been requested but not actioned and runs and email them.

There must be a table somewhere that stores unclompleted subscriptions. I truncated ActiveSubscriptions on ReportServer but that didn't stop it.

Any ideas guys, it is rather urgent.

Thanks in advance for you help.

• One possible hack...

Look through the SQL jobs on your ReportServer instance named with a GUID. Since you've changed it so it would run in the past, you should be able to see which one it is by looking at it's schedule. simply delete that job and that should do the trick.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • If I delete the the agent job it will just re-create it in 5 minutes time. I have fixed he stuff now, but somewhere in the reportserver/reportservetempdb there is a table that is storing the report to generate and the parameters to use with a status that says it need to try again.

Thats the table I'm looking for that I can't seem to find.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply