Sybase connection

• Hi,

Someone mentioned using DataSource and its ADO.Net editor in the Data Flow Task to connect to sybase. Could you give me some detail about how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

• Why can you not use the standard OLEDB connection?

I have Adaptive Server ODBC driver installed for our Sybase IQ warehouse, and it appears under my list of Providers as Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere OLEDB Provider.

Alternatively you could also create a linked server and then use openqueries in your OLEDB command...

~PD

• Older versions of Sybase do not have OLEDB providers. I would assume you are using a version that you only have an ODBC provider for. If you are using an ODBC provider, the SSIS connection manager will be a .Net connection manager - which will not work with the OLEDB Source component. So, you would have to use a DataReader source rather than an OLEDB source.

• Ahhhh makes sense

Thanks Michael

• I can't connect with OLE DB driver. The "Sybase ASE OLE DB Provider" is in the dropdown, but after I put user name, password and server name, I got error message "cannot connect to data source". I installed Sybase 12 client on my machine.

• If you are using an OLEDB source to Sybase, then be sure that you set up your server and file name property with the full server hostname and the port separated by a comma in the Connection Manager. This worked for me, but I'm using an OLEDB driver version 12.5.4.

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply