Syntax error

• I am trying to run the following SQL Script and it reports the following error message:

Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 6

Line 6: Incorrect syntax near 'sp_rename'.

Unfortunately i dont see anything wrong with the code and was wondering, why is system behaving this way? Is there anything i am missing here?

Apprecaited any help.

Cali

Select Account_Operations,BusOrg,BusPartner,Category,CostCenter,DataSrc,Product,Project,RptBasis,TIMEID,sum(SIGNEDDATA) as SIGNEDDATA,IntCo,SOURCE

into NEW_tblFACTOperations

from tblFACTOperations

Group by Account_Operations,BusOrg,BusPartner,Category,CostCenter,DataSrc,Product,Project,RptBasis,TIMEID,IntCo,SOURCE

sp_rename tblfactoperations, tblfactoperations_old

sp_rename NEW_tblfactoperations, tblfactoperations

CREATE CLUSTERED

INDEX [IX_TblFactOperations] ON [dbo].[tblFACTOperations] ([Category], [TIMEID], [BusOrg], [Account_Operations], [RptBasis])

WITH FILLFACTOR = 80

ON [OperationsD]

• If a stored proc call is not the first statement in a batch, you need to use the EXEC/EXECUTE command.

You code should work if you change it as follows :

Select Account_Operations,BusOrg,BusPartner,Category,CostCenter,DataSrc,Product,Project,RptBasis,TIMEID,sum(SIGNEDDATA) as SIGNEDDATA,IntCo,SOURCE

into NEW_tblFACTOperations

from tblFACTOperations

Group by Account_Operations,BusOrg,BusPartner,Category,CostCenter,DataSrc,Product,Project,RptBasis,TIMEID,IntCo,SOURCE

EXEC sp_rename tblfactoperations, tblfactoperations_old

EXEC sp_rename NEW_tblfactoperations, tblfactoperations

CREATE CLUSTERED

INDEX [IX_TblFactOperations] ON [dbo].[tblFACTOperations] ([Category], [TIMEID], [BusOrg], [Account_Operations], [RptBasis])

WITH FILLFACTOR = 80

ON [OperationsD]

• Ten,

Tried the new code (EXEC) and it worked fine. Thanks a million for your assitance.

Cali

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply