Sysdatabases Version NULL

• Hi there,

I have been investigating a number of deadlocks occurring in a database (which seems strange considering the database is an old archive and hardly ever appears to be in use), however I noticed that in sysdatabases the version is NULL. Does anyone have any idea how this could be?

I think I'm correct in saying the version is stored in the boot page for the database....my first impression was that this could be corrupt, although strangely the database is still working and accessible. Any ideas why the version would be NULL and if this could be changed?

Cheers,

Matt

• First things first. Stop using sysdatabases. It's deprecated, it's included only for backward compatibility with SQL 2000, it doesn't have columns for new features and it will be removed one of these days

Use sys.databases.

If the database in question is offline or has autoclose enabled, it's possible that column will be null. Not sure I'd worry too much to be honest.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks Gila, that's really helpful 😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply