System not meeting sql requirments for some reason

• Hello,

I keep getting an error that is telling me that i am not meeting the required system requirments for the complete install of the new sql2005.

-----------

- SQL Server Edition Operating System Compatibility (Warning)

SQL Server Edition Operating System Compatibility

Some components of this edition of SQL Server are not supported on this operating system. For details, see 'Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2005' in Microsoft SQL Server Books Online.

-----------

I have windows xp professional on my computer with an external harddrive that is 150 G and i just got a 250G hard drive that my operating system is running on. Plusl i have a 150 G internal hard drive that is used for installed software. I use that 150 internal for software install that are not related to development.

Anyway i noticed that i will not be able to use xp professional and get all the goodies that sql2005 has to offer. I WILL have to get the windows server 2003.

My question is ..is it posiable for me to install the server 2003 on  one of the hard drives and be able to use the sql2003? How do i do this..?

erik

Dam again!

• I think it's safe to assume this won't be a production environment

You could multiboot, but it's a serious pain, a better solution would be VMWare, have a server OS image with SQL installed to fire up whenever you wanted it. However, there is a much simpler solution.

Developer edition.

It has all the features of Enterprise edition.

• >I think it's safe to assume this won't be a production environment<

How did you discover?

_/_/_/ paramind _/_/_/

• Hi,

have a look on the table shown on this link : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

depending the version of SqlServer and Windows, you'll see if it's compliant.

I have the same problem with a W2003 Web Edition SP1 & SqlServer Enterprise...

Bye

Guillaume D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply