System Perfomance get down when reporting services running

• Hello

When i run the local report through reporting services at that moment system perfomance get down 🙁

Please help me to find out the solution for this problem.

-George Koshy

• It is a quite broad issue. I would like to recommend you to find what cause the poor performance, such as run the following scripts.

SELECT * FROM master.dbo.sys.sysprocesses

sp_who2 active

If the poor performance is caused by SSRS indeed, you may need to modify your script in it.

• How do you know that it is the reporting services that is causing this?

Did you do any query at that time? If so, what did you query that made you think it is slow? Please provide a little more info for us to help you. Sometimes, it may be runnning something else that has made it slow and not the reporting services....

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

• Hello ,

Thanks For Your reply....

But I am 100 % sure that when reporting services run the reports locally it degrade the perfomance of system....

I checked my code of running report through my application and found that when "rsreportviewer.refreshreport" get call then system get down and it keepes get down when it continusly running report.

Please help me to sort out this issue ... becaz due to this my deployment get very much deley.

-George Koshy

• Experienced the same when deploying a 75 user application. We bit the bullet and bought a new server for running reporting services although that did cost us a another SQL server licence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply