System table in which job notification options saved

• Hi All,

In the notification tab of job properties, I can see three options in the drop down list at the right hand side.

When the job succeeds

When the job fails

When the job completes

Can someone please tell me in which system table these options are saved ?

Is it possible to add a custom option in that dropdown list.

Thanks in advance,

San.

• That information is stored in the columns starting with "notify_level_" in the msdb.dbo.sysjobs system database, and the text that is displayed in the drop-down box does not show up in a search of the system databases.

I suggest creating a custom notification manually, for example through a second SQL job that checks the state or result of the first, or by handling any exception in-code.

• Andrew P (6/14/2015)

That information is stored in the columns starting with "notify_level_" in the msdb.dbo.sysjobs system database, and the text that is displayed in the drop-down box does not show up in a search of the system databases.

Thanks Andrew.

Yes, when I searched I too couldn't find where that text is saved.

My friend told that there is a vendor application installed in one of their server and in the properties of its SQL Server job there are some additional custom options available in that drop down. So I was wondering how the vendor application could modify that. Think the application itself is from Microsoft only. May be Navision.

Let me check again if it's saved somewhere.

Thanks again Andrew.

San.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply