T-sql

• THANKS FOR ALL YOUR POSTS.....:-)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Rahul:-P[/font]

• The only reason I got this right is that there was a QoD some weeks back that had a default data length as part of the question. I got that one wrong.

I was taught to never rely on defaults for things like declaring variables, so out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I'd quite forgotten they existed.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know I learned something from that earlier QoD!

Rich

• Thanks for the question!

I'm still surprised by 9% of the people getting it wrong, so I guess it doesn't hurt to go over the same thing multiple times.

• Simple one. 15% wrong answers are there b'cos few of them just select what ever they want to without even looking at question

• I like the question, mostly because it focuses on one aspect only - the default size.

Too many times there are complicated questions which mix the question itself with ostacles and obfuscations. I then prefer repeated questions over complicated questions.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Chris Büttner

• Always specify the size. Always.

• Just working my way through old questions for some training.

As I am relatively new to SQL this was a good test for me. I got the answer right, however the comments posted here made me think so I played with the query to test lengths, etc. Might be easy to old hands but we all need to start somewhere...

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply