Table and Index partitioning not included in SQL 2K5 Standard Ed.

• I mean:

Only ENTERPRISE ed. supports table and index partitioning

• Hello,

Yes, Table and Index partitioning are only supported on Enterprise & Developer editions of SQL Server 2005.

Thanks

Lucky

• So you mean that using standard ed. I cannot create pertitioned table or index using:

Create Partition and Create Function?

Is it right

There is another way?

• You can create a database on Dev or EE edition and set up partitioning.  Take a backup of the database and restore it to Standard Edition, and it should work OK. 

However, the partitioning scheme will be fixed while running in Standard Edition, so you will not be able to alter partition ranges, add new partitions, etc.  This is done by Microsoft to sell more copies of Enterprise Edition - your own company probably does similar things with the products you sell.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Hello,

thank for any suggestions.

All people like you make things....

• EdVassie (3/9/2007)

You can create a database on Dev or EEedition and set up partitioning. Take a backup of the database and restore it to Standard Edition, and it should work OK.

However, the partitioning scheme will be fixed while running in Standard Edition, so you will not be able to alter partition ranges, add new partitions, etc. This is done by Microsoft to sell more copies of Enterprise Edition - your own company probably does similar things with the products you sell.

has this been tested??? i'm sure it can't be done....

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

• It can't be done. Stated at-->http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic638206-146-1.aspx?Update=1

MJ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply