Table level Backup

• Hi,

yesterday..accidently one developer drop one table from a database (size 110 gb) .i want to recover that table

Backup strategy

Full backup : on every sunday at 12:00 AM

Differential Back up : Every day at 11: 00 PM

Log backup : every 15 min

please sugest how to recover ....also somebody told me that database snapshot ca recover from this problem.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Restore the full backup somewhere, apply the log backups until just before the table was dropped, then copy the table from there into the real database.

If you had a database snapshot created before the table was dropped, then you should be able to copy the table straight from that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • if it would happened say on wednesday .....then do we require to restore the differential of mon amd tuesday...if yes then what would be the sequence ???

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• No, just the last diff, then the log backups from that diff up until the point of the dropped table.

Differential backups are cumulative from the last full backup.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply