Table Name Changed

• Hi All,

In my Production server one of the Table Name is changed. How to find out who changed and when that table is named.. Thanks in advance..

Thanks,

Omeswar Reddy

• It might be in the default trace, I don't know if rename operations are caught there. If not and you had no custom traces running, there's no way to tell for sure.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • You can find some of this information from right-clicking on the database and selecting reports --> standard reports --> Schema Changes History.

It can be a tricky to track down specific changes though.

This information comes from the default trace, and is another way of viewing it rather than querying it directly

Actually I dont think table name changes are recorded so this may not be of much use sorry.

• Here's some info on the default trace.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Thanks for reply.. By using reports my issue is resolved..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply