Table partitioning not supported in SQL 2K5 Standard Ed

• Hello,

From Microsoft site, I have found out that table partitioning is not supported in SQL 2K5 STANDARD Edition

So , I cannot use

Create Partition and Create Function.

Is it right?

There is another way?

By Management Studio or other tools is possible?

Thank for any contribution.

This is very important because lots of people use Standard edition for economical reason.

• you can use partitioned views ( it is not the same but it may serve your purpose )

* Noel

• Microsoft have done what most vendors do.  They have divided the feature set of their product into different editions, and charge more for the most comprehensive edition.  If you want partitioning you have to buy Enterprise Edition.

Next time you buy an auto, you may see that the model without SatNav costs less than the model with SatNav.  It is the way that vendors maximise their income.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Oracle and DB2 charge EXTRA on top of the Enterprise License for the partitioning feature.  Part of the reason that it is in Enterprise Edition is that this feature is geared for VLDB.  Not always true, but VLDB is usually found in organizations that have the $$$ for Enterprise Edition.

If you look at the features that you get by going with EE instead of SE, it is a great deal if you NEED them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply