Tables involved in a Full Table Scan ?

• Hi All,

I was monitoring, using the Performance Monitor of Windows, the Stress Test conducted on the database and I noticed that there were quite a few Full Table Scans.

But I dont know how to drill down to the actuall tables involved in the Full Table Scan and I was wondering if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,

gopi

• I don't know of anyway you can do this thru PerfMon. You can however use Profiler to capture scans and sql statements to try and pinpoint these. I usuaully setup a trace and select Scan:Stopped and SQL:StmtCompleted and on the Data Columns tab I select (DatabaseID, EventClass, EventSubClass, IndexID, TextData, ApplicationName, NTUserName, and LoginName) then if I want to look at a specific DB I goto the Filters tab and set the DBID value for the one I want to monitor. Just a note. Events with IndexID's have are Index Scans, EventSubClasses with value 0 can normally be ignored then the rest are your table scans, now look for the first TextData for SQL:StmtCompleted and this will give you an idea of what query or queries may be the root of your problem.

Hope this helps.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• I think Antares has the right idea for this.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply