Talking baseball

• I live in the Netherlands and the only baseball we see is when the world championships are being played and we don't get even half way πŸ˜‰

I do get the ESPN on TV and when I get the chance I watch it.

I love the American sport commentators with all there funny comments. And the stats are always welcome.

In the Netherlands we don't have those can't of things πŸ™

• john.arnott (5/16/2011)

Ray K (5/13/2011)

Sad piece of news. Best wishes, Mr. Killebrew, as you enter the twilight of your life.

Killebrew ends his cancer fight

Sad news, indeed. As a Giants fan, I rarely crossed the bay to an Athletics game and never did see Harmon play, but his style and power were impressive. I chose to wear a number 3 jersey on our beer-league softball team out of respect for Giant Bill Terry and for Harmon Killebrew, even more than for the Babe.

I can only hope and pray that his last days are comfortable and that he is buoyed by the love of family and fans.

I just heard a news report that Harmon Killebrew passed today.

Rest in peace, Mr. Killebrew.

Edit: Article: Grace and humility defined the great slugger Harmon Killebrew

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• sanderstad (5/17/2011)

I live in the Netherlands and the only baseball we see is when the world championships are being played and we don't get even half way πŸ˜‰

I do get the ESPN on TV and when I get the chance I watch it.

I love the American sport commentators with all there funny comments. And the stats are always welcome.

In the Netherlands we don't have those can't of things πŸ™

That's pretty cool. As a fan of the game, I'm always curious as to how baseball is received in other countries.

One of the things on my bucket list is to attend a professional game in Japan.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Oh man! The AL east is really tightening up. Only 1/2 game separates first and third!

The Sox starting a 7 game road trip beginning with a three game series against a hot 29-15 Indians and the Yanks start a 3 game homestand against the soso .500 Jays. The now second place Rays will be in Detroit to battle a 2nd place .500 Tigers.

Lovin' it!

Wakefield threw a solid game and Gonzalez is on fiya! Going to be an interesting week. Buckholtz needs to bring his A-game to Cleveland.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (5/23/2011)

Oh man! The AL east is really tightening up. Only 1/2 game separates first and third!

The Sox starting a 7 game road trip beginning with a three game series against a hot 29-15 Indians and the Yanks start a 3 game homestand against the soso .500 Jays. The now second place Rays will be in Detroit to battle a 2nd place .500 Tigers.

Lovin' it!

Wakefield threw a solid game and Gonzalez is on fiya! Going to be an interesting week. Buckholtz needs to bring his A-game to Cleveland.

I think it's pretty interesting that only four games separate first and last place! Talk about a close race!

• This thread's too quiet!

Looks like the WBC is going to be even more international!

• I was unaware of the WBC! It's like a FIFA World Cup but for Baseball! That's pretty cool.

I've been quiet in here because I've been watching the Sox edge out the wanks into first then get swept in the sock drawer series. They're down 2 games now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• After Beating, Dodgers’ Fans See Blue All Over

Sad. I feel sorry for Dodger fans.

I also feel sorry for Don Mattingly (my favorite player when I was in high school).

• I feel sorry for the Dodgers team. Those bozos who kicked the snot out of that Giants fan are having a huge impact on the team as a whole. Less attendance, bad reputation for the stadium, opposing team fans hesitant to go, and just a not so cool place to be anymore. Kinda sad for a team with the Dodgers' history to have this aura of stink around them.

The owner debacle does contribute to the slip of the franchise too, but the incident that left one man in a coma is terrible. What a waste of money to have that many police in/around that stadium. Wonder who pays for that? The team or the city? Either way, it should be unnecessary.

• Probably the City is my guess. Once a new ownership group buys this team and they straighten out payroll and such it will be behind them. Almost every team goes through a ownership issue and dropped attendance at some point in their history. Some teams are stuck in loosing times.. AKA the Pirates have had 18 loosing seasons in a row. The Royals have had one winning season in the last 20ish years if memory serves me correctly. The Dodgers are in a very big market and once a new ownership group comes in they can right the ship.

• The team pays for security (to the department), but often they use regular police, who are off-duty, but wear uniforms and have full rights to arrest, etc. I have a friend that works Nuggets/Avalanche games. He's a captain, but wears blues for the games.

• Rockies are behind the Dodgers now. Slipping quickly.

• Found this to be an interesting read:

After Jeter Reaches 3,000 Hits, Who’s Likely Next?

Perhaps someone can write a SQL to do this? πŸ™‚

• Your Rockies, Mr. Jones, had a pretty nice rally yesterday. Down 7-0 to come back 9-7 FTW!

All week, the media makes a big deal about Ortiz not being hit by a pitch in 162 at bats VS the wanks. All of a sudden, he gets hit. Coincidence? I think not. I don't know why the media made such a big deal about it, since they did, you knew it was going to happen.

Oh well... saweepity do.

• Broken clocks are right twice a day. Let's see the Rocks get through a couple series and win them

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply