Talking baseball

• My Reds are limping into the second NL wild card.... Win 7 of 8 games against the Dodgers and Cardinals then promply loose 4 of 6 to the lously Brewers and Cubs....

• Markus (9/17/2013)

My Reds are limping into the second NL wild card.... Win 7 of 8 games against the Dodgers and Cardinals then promply loose 4 of 6 to the lously Brewers and Cubs....

Hey! Those are MY lousy Brewers... 😀

Since the Brewers are out of it, I've been rooting for the Reds and the Pirates. I do NOT want to see the Cards in the World Series.

• Did you hear that? The sweet sweet sound of *Clinch* 🙂

Only a few more games left and there are quite a few races going on. I think I'll take the next couple weeks off.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• Hey Ray, are you happy that Girardi is coming back?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • SQLDCH (10/11/2013)

Hey Ray, are you happy that Girardi is coming back?

Yes, I am!

Now if we could only get a decent supporting cast . . .

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Here's a little advice I learned back in elementary school. "Just say no!" 🙂

Watching the game the other night. Bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th. David Ortiz comes up, first pitch swinging... gone. That place must have gone bonkers! Grand slam to tie it up, glad I got to see it. Now they just have to win a few more! Verlander is going to be tough tonight, they better bring their bats.

Go Sox!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• calvo (10/15/2013)

Here's a little advice I learned back in elementary school. "Just say no!" 🙂

Watching the game the other night. Bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th. David Ortiz comes up, first pitch swinging... gone. That place must have gone bonkers! Grand slam to tie it up, glad I got to see it. Now they just have to win a few more! Verlander is going to be tough tonight, they better bring their bats.

Go Sox!

Ya. I missed the grand slam from Big Poppy. I had to go to bed and figured the game was over anyway. There was NO WAY they were going to come back!. :crying:

• Listening to commentary about the Tigers / Red Sox, they commented that it seems recently when Verlander is pitching, the offense takes the night off.

It sure seemed like that was the case...

Now, last night, Verlander wasn't pitching, and the offense came out swinging...

Verlander not pitching tonight, should therefore, equal a Tigers win.

I can hope!

• gosh i hope that's not the case.

I heard the same stats about Verlander. He's still scary on the bump.

If Boston can pull one more off in Detroit, I would hope they can win at least one at home.

You guys see the sign the Cards fan was holding? "Dodgers over Cards... When Puigs Fly!"

How clever

• I keep rooting for the Tigers. No dog in this fight, but never liked Boston.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/18/2013)

I keep rooting for the Tigers. No dog in this fight, but never liked Boston.

If the Tigers bats don't wake up soon, you won't have anyone to root for...

Maybe the Tigers should try telling Jobu they're going to do it themselves...

• Sorry Jobu, no need for you.

Boston and St. Louis in the big show. As a Boston fan I'm hoping for huge blowouts resulting in a 4-0 Red Sox series win. The close games just give me too much stress, I'm hanging on every pitch. I have my hopes that it won't be a close series but I know St. Louis didn't make it to where they are because they're an okay team.

Boston in 5 games

Here's to a great series!

Out of curiosity, are you all rooting for or against either team?

• I'm rather ambivalent, personally. I'll watch some innings just because it's the World Series...it is rather interesting to see the complete 180 that the Red Sox made, though.

Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Cubs fan chiming in here. As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Cardinals have more of a complete team than the Sox do. I see St. Louis taking it in 5 or 6.

• calvo (10/22/2013)

Out of curiosity, are you all rooting for or against either team?

I'm a Yankee fan. Need I say more? 😀 😛

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply