Taskpad view Fails ... Why?

• Hi,

MSSQL 2000 w/SP3a

I experience the following error message in Enterprise Manager's (EM) Taskpad. It only happens with 2 particular user databases. The rest are fine. Also, I can view these 2 particular databases in taskpad from another remote access EM without receiving the error message?? Any ideas on how to correct?

Many thanks. Jeff

• Hi ,

I  cannot see the error page but I am thinking you are getting the runtime error. A way to fix this is to go to the view and change to something like small icons/large icons/list/detail and then click taskpad. It should work then

Lnair123

• I'am having the same problem. Only solution I found is to change to an other view and change again to taskpad

• Hi, sorry about that. i assumed that everyone would be able to see the print screen. Here is the text from the error box:

Line: 307

Char: 2

Error: Unexpected error

Code: 0

URL: res//C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20SQL%20Server\80\Tools\Binn\Resources\1033\sqlmmc.rll/Tabs.htm

Do you want to continue running scrips on this page?

Many thanks. Jeff

• Yeah - this is a very common problem.  Its a bug and there is no need to panic .  Just change the view to something else and close EM and open it again and change it back to taskpad.  But you will get it again shortly.  Normally the next time you reeboot, it will go away for a while.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply