Test data generation tool?

• Can anyone suggest a good data generation tool that's tried and tested?

Thanks in advance.

• The data generation tool in visual studio for database professionals works really well.

You get a good variety of ways to generate data, including using an existing database as a source.

Julian Kuiters
    juliankuiters.id.au

• Hi,

you can try our Advanced Data Generator tool. http://www.upscene.com

Regards,

Thomas

• I've been pretty disatisfied with all the Quest products that we have licensed with two exceptions. Quest Data Factory and Quest Benchmark Factory are darned good products. I'm using the data generator in Visual Studio for some isolated database only testing, but for intensive automated data loads, Quest Data Factory has been great. It's just has a lot more power and flexibility than the MS utility.

I've also tested Idera's testing tool that includes data generation. It was decent, but I don't recall details. I remember the load testing part of the tool better, and it was pretty good (not quite as good, at that time, as the offering from Quest).

I've never heard of the Up Scene tool before, but I'll sure take a look.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply