Test - ignore this

• Test to see if I can post a new topic

• this is really annoying I cant post any code this is to see if its just the length of post thats failing blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• ok is it special characters () <> * = + - dbo.Table

• SELECT WITH CASE WHEN END THEN ELSE JOIN WHERE GROUP AS ORDER1 the word ORDERonitsown causes the failure

• You CAN post code... look at the "IFCode Shortcuts" when you create a new post or reply to one. Surround your code with one of the shortcut "pairs" of codes.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• It doesn't work for me - it has worked in the past - but not in the past few weeks

IE just goes away for ages and comes back with 'cannot display webpage' Firefox goes away for a long time then returns with 'connection was reset'

I gave up and posted my code in a file http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic903869-338-1.aspx

I'll try from another internet connection later - could be the web police at this end.

• I would bet on it being the webpolice.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Tom Brown (4/15/2010)

It doesn't work for me - it has worked in the past - but not in the past few weeks

IE just goes away for ages and comes back with 'cannot display webpage' Firefox goes away for a long time then returns with 'connection was reset'

I gave up and posted my code in a file http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic903869-338-1.aspx

I'll try from another internet connection later - could be the web police at this end.

I have issues posting code from work. I can't include DROP <a> TABLE (had to add the <a> just to post this) commands, and in DECLARE statements I either have to put a space between the @ and the Variable name or use the AS data type construct. I don't have these issues outsode of work.

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/15/2010)

So much for "ignore this"

Put up a sign and say " DO NOT ENTER" and more than likely we will go in - inquiring minds. 😀

Learn Extended Events

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/15/2010)

So much for "ignore this"

Hey haven't you gone skiing ?

• -- to test code posting from another connection.

-- if this posts OK then it's the web police at work

SELECT something

INTO doom

FROM nowhere AS N

JOIN somewhere AS S ON S.anything = N.nothing

WHERE S.anything < 0

AND thing = 1

ORDER BY S.anything

• Went and returned. No rest for the weary.

• Lynn Pettis (4/15/2010)

Tom Brown (4/15/2010)

It doesn't work for me - it has worked in the past - but not in the past few weeks

I have issues posting code from work. I can't include DROP <a> TABLE (had to add the <a> just to post this) commands, and in DECLARE statements I either have to put a space between the @ and the Variable name or use the AS data type construct. I don't have these issues outsode of work.

Same here... they have an "SQL Injection" bit of monitoring software that triggers on such things. Causes the connection to immediately drop and a 404 to occur. It also get's reported to the boys in OPs as it happens. In fact, just pulling up an SSC page with certain SQL on it does the same thing.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (4/16/2010)

Lynn Pettis (4/15/2010)

Tom Brown (4/15/2010)

Same here... they have an "SQL Injection" bit of monitoring software that triggers on such things. Causes the connection to immediately drop and a 404 to occur. It also get's reported to the boys in OPs as it happens. In fact, just pulling up an SSC page with certain SQL on it does the same thing.

That's a bit aggressive.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply