Text File (Destination) is only reporting 256 characters

• I have created a DTS package that exports data from my database to a text file. The column that is being reported is a varchar(7069). The values average 300 characters long, but when I run my DTS package the file is truncating anything greater that 256 characters.

I have the destination in the data pump setup as: FileName, Type = quotable, Nullability = Yes (check), Size = 8000

The connection is setup as follows: Data Source = Text File (Destination), File name = FileName, Properties "Delimited. The columns are seperated by any character(s)", File type = ANSI, Row delimiter = {CR}{LF}, Column delimiter = Comma, Text qualifier = <none>

Thanks,

Keith

Microsoft Certified Master - SQL Server 2008
    Follow me on twitter: @keith_tate

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Take a look at the following.

http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?297

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Solved my own issue. Under disconnected edit I went to the connections and opened the Text File (Destination) connection, opened the OLE DB Properties, and edited the Column Lengths - Value property to 8000 and everything worked fine.

Keith

Microsoft Certified Master - SQL Server 2008
    Follow me on twitter: @keith_tate

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply