The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_Bug" is not permitted

• Hi Folks,

Have any one experienced this kind of error.

The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_Bug" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3007)  BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013)

please kindly give your suggestions.

warmest

Jayakumar K.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi,

I am experiencing the same error but i haven't seen a resoultion or solution to this issue anywhere. Let you know if i find anything.

The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_FTI_DBTestCatalog" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data.

Cheers

• Hi,

I did a bit of investigating on this issue this mornign and given the events which had transpired i think this is why we may have had this issue...

About an hour prior to the backup, the clustered instance had failed over to the second node. However according to the SQL Log the recovery of all the databases had completed in time. If you run the following query on the affected database you will see that there is a "sysft_FTI" file which is the file for the full-text catalog : "select * from Sys.database_Files". I believe at the time of the backup the status of this file was something other than ONLINE and this was responsible for the backup failure.

On investigation this mornign the sysft_FTI file looked to have an ONLINE status so i performed a full backup and it completed successfully.

Cheers

• Hii...

I've same error on migrating sql 2000 to 2005 express...

I'do like this to solve the problem may be usefull 😀

- try to deattach db... uncheck keep full text catalogs... 

- refresh db and attach db again.. and back up will be success..

Regards

• This next solution also worked for my sharepoint content database...

1. Go to SharePoint Services Central Administration...

2. Under componant configuration...click on Configure Full-Text Search

3. Uncheck Enable full-text search and index component.

4. Refresh Database...the index should disappear...You can then reenable the full-text search and index component again and you should be good to go...

I like this because I didn't need to take my database off line...

• Ran into this same problem after upgrade from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. I ended up having to drop my full text and then recreate it in order for backup to work. The reattach without full text catalogs that Denny mentioned did not work for me. Will try to f/u if there are any issues with the way I proceeded

• I am having the same issue, and can't get rid of the error with either method.

Error: The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_TCM_Unfiltered" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data.

But "select * from Sys.database_Files" does not show the file and "select * from sys.fulltext_catalogs" does not show a catalog.

How can I get a backup?

• Issue:Can't backup 2005 database after it is restored from a mssql 2000 backup.

Resolution:Here is what worked for me.  I upgraded the MSSQL 2005 instance to SP1, then detached (uncheck "Keep Full Text Catalogs" ) and reattached the database.  The backup now completes successfully.

• I had this issue.

After much brain exercise the fix was simply this:

sp_fulltext_database

enable

Woo hoo

Ian

• Dave,

Nice one.  I just had this very problem, and your solution worked first go!

Thanks!  And thanks to everyone else that assisted in finding the problem!

Stuart R

• This one worked for me like a charm.

Thanks Denny, and everyone here very useful posts.

Regards

• I have a similiar issue on one of my databases, but here is the hitch. We run 2 full backups on this one database. One at 12:00 p.m. and one at 12:00 a.m. with t-log backups inbetween. The 12:00 p.m. backup succeedes fine but the 12:00 a.m. fails with the error that the sysft_fulltext3 is not online. When I check the status of the catalog in the morning, it shows "idle" I can manualy launch the 12:00 a.m. job during the day and it succeeds. There is index maintenance running but that starts at 1:00 a.m. and the 12:00 a.m. backup fails right away so I don't think the index maintenance is inteferring. No errors at 12;00 a.m. that I can see that would indicate why the full text catalog is going off line. Any suggestion on why it might be going off line or how to find out when exactly it goes offline would be much appreciated.

• anything in the error log? Perhaps run a trace overnight to look for things?

• Ok, you've probably checked this, but going by my twin mantras of "there are no stupid questions etc" and "check the obvious first"....

Could it be that the full text index is being rebuilt at around this time? This is normally a separate job to the index maintenance task that is created as a part of a maintenance plan, and would have been created when the full text catalog was added to the database. I'm not sure of the error you would see (if any) if this was the case, but this is the first thing that jumped into my head....

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply