The Best Ever

• You could likely make an argument that the machine learning piece is bundled in the SSAS product as "Data Mining".

• I would tend to agree with Jo Pattyn that latest is best.
    Looking forward a bit though, my vote would go to that as-yet-nameless V.future which
    1. Substitutes the error message "string or binary data would be truncated" with something actually informative of the row/column in error.
    2. Has proper T-SQL regular expression support.
    Come on Microsoft - you know that these are two totally awesome (if un-original) ideas.
    MarkD

• I think the year 2000 was a Big Year for Microsoft.
    They introduced Window Server, Pro and SQL they became more integrated and all had a similar feel thanks to the MMC.
    And let us not forget Active Directory, made management of a network of computer systems and varied assortment of users so much easier.
    So I would have to say SQL 2000 was the best and biggest change to SQL Server and laid down the foundation for what we have today.
    So my vote for best would have to be SQL 2000 for being so ground breaking.
    Though - I would not use it anymore. 
    I prefer SQL 2016

• SQL 2016, I think it is just a fantastic product (I don't say that easily about SQL versions).

Find it odd that I've worked with versions from 2000 right up to 2016, (and one 2017 instance) however for some reason I've rarely worked with 2014.  Most odd.

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply