The current action cannot be completed. The user data source credentials do not meet the requirements to run this report. Either the user data source credentials are not stored in the report server database, or the user data source is configured not to require credentials but the unattended executio

• Desperate need of some help ASAP any one out there -- I am getting the above error when trying to run some SSRS reports I have deployed on the server (New Server). In the dev environment BIDS I am able to run the reports no problem. Note these reports were initially copied from another server (Old Server) and then placed on this server (New Server). I reconfigured the connection object which initially I thought was the problem as the reports were not working in the BIDS and made sure all required Databases gave permission to the logon (admin login) associated with the connection object. That allowed the reports to run successfully in BIDS but once deployed the reports are still not running they just show this error when I attempt to execute/open them:

The current action cannot be completed. The user data source credentials do not meet the requirements to run this report. Either the user data source credentials are not stored in the report server database, or the user data source is configured not to require credentials but the unattended execution account is not specified. (rsInvalidDataSourceCredentialSetting)

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the last day and last hour of a contract assignment would like to leave on a good note if possible.

Cheers,

• Hi Mark,

Try taking a look on the report server at the data source which the reports are using.

Are the credentials stored there ok or does the password need to be given?

The error message mentions the execution account.

Take a look in the Reporting Services Configuration Manager on the Execution Account tab.

Has an execution account been set?

If using a domain account, is the account locked out?

• Appreciate the response unfortunately my contract has ended with this client so the next resource is challenged with fixing this issue. Again appreciate the response.

Regards,

• I got this error when I tried modifying the schedule for subscription of a linked report. Actually the link to other report had changed. Once I updated the link, I was able to change the schedule.

• tell them to try creating a user same as yours when you where still there.. it should work.. because it has the right credentials 😀

Theres only a problem with regards to user rights.. once assigned correctly there shouldnt be anymore error.. you did transfer the report BUT to a new server even if it has the same settings as the old one BUT IF THE USER CREDENTIALS in the new server is not the same as the old one there will be issue with this one..

===============================================================

"lets do amazing" our company motto..

• in my case, replacing linked server connections with local (fetched from remote locations and stored in local tables)data connections helped. we also checked this for ALL subreports/linked reports and it worked fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply