The Hot DBA

• Yeah Matt

We have to package ourselves well to be more saleable. Everybody has to be a salesman to sell themselves.

• But if we're packaging ourselves to be more sellable, do we have to put an expiry date on ourselves? And if we don't expire on that date, is it false advertising?

:hehe:

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Wayne West (5/28/2008)

But if we're packaging ourselves to be more sellable, do we have to put an expiry date on ourselves? And if we don't expire on that date, is it false advertising?

:hehe:

We expire with technology. Thats why we upgrade ourselves. If not then we become junkies ...............;)

• The way I look at it is to ask them how much would it cost or lost of sales/revenue would 1 hr downtime mean to the company. I usually said that my salary would justify itself for that 1-2 hr of downtime prevention. 🙂

It is hard to work for a company where they look at IT as cost center vs. IT is creating a product that generate revenue.

Sopheap

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply