The ordinal 29 error

• Any solution for the following error is appreciated

"The ordinal 29 could not be located in the dynamic link library odbcbcp.dll

• I've never heard of that one. I would suggect a reinstallation of MDAC. It's fairly quick, easy and painless.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• The DBFORUMS site lists the following:

Very Simple Solution...

Go to WinNT folder under root directory... and search for the file odbcbcp.dll

You might find one odbcbcp.dll under i386 folder and another under system32 folder.

Might be under system32 folder the filename is like ODBCBCP.dll.

Just delete it and copy it from i386 with all lower case (verify that after its copied, if all there letters are in lower case).

Then try ... Hopefully you'll be fine.

Thanks,

Jay

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• SQL Team. com gives the following (per Jasper Smith):

Stop All SQL services (if started), copy odbcbcp.dll from the SQL Server install cd (in \X86\SYSTEM) and replace the one on your hard drive (in C:\WINNT\system32) and register the dll using regsvr32.exe (you can right click on the dll and choose Open With and browse to regsvr32.exe which is also in system32). Start the SQL service. If all is ok then reapply SP2.

Google the message... there are LOTS of people who say it's an MDAC issue - and everyone who tried, responded that replacing the MDAC did not fix the problem.

At least two people said replacing this file fixed it for them... the first message I posted did not say to stop the services... guess a reboot would do the same thing.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• Interesting ... odbcbcp.dll  is not a part of MDAC ??? Well if that is the case I learned something new today. However I'd check service pack directories as well just to make sure that it is not updated as well.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply