The permissions granted to user 'ABC\mssqlsrv' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

• Hi,

I have installed & configured SQL Server 2008 R2 on Server A The reporting services runs under the account abc\mssqlsrv.

The reportserver & reportserverTempdb are configured to store on Server B with SQL Server 2008 R2, which is aslo running under the account abc\mssqlsrv

Everything is green in Reporting services configuration manager

But getting below error when I open reportserver url http://servername/reportserver

The permissions granted to user ABC\mssqlsrv' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) Get Online Help

Then I tried with the account abc\admin (sysadmin) to login to the http://servername/reportserver) and getting the below error

The permissions granted to user ABC\admin are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) Get Online Help

Verified that rsexecrole and db_owner permissions are already exist for ABC\mssqlsrv in reportserver database

and ABC\admin is an admin account with all permissions

Please advice

• Can you screenshot your configuration so we can see how you have things configured?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• It is probably because the user has not yet been added to a server group outside of SQL. Try logging in as sa and then managing the users through the reporting services interface.

Jared

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Also, is abc\admin a server administrator? Not SQL Server, but local or domain.

Jared

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Inside the server, It's working when I open the Internet explorer Run As Administrator:-):-)

Out side the server, it just works fine...thanks

• Ah, the UAC. That makes a bit of sense.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply