The 'Tabular View' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard' edition of

• Hi ,

I am getting the error below when i want to process the cube.Please help me if anyone came across this before.

"Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Tabular View' feature is not included in the '64 Bit Standard' edition of Analysis Services"

I am running sql 2014 standard and visual studio 2017

Thanks in advance

• upgrade your SQL Server Management Studio to the latest 18.3 or above..

versions 17 through at least 17.5 did not handle browsing cubes against 2014 correctly.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/167945/the-tabular-view-feature-is-not-included-in-the-64.html

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you so much Lowell, i am trying to help an end user with this.Maybe his below  request will help you understand better

" I cannot get my report working I get an error that SSRS thinks that the cube is a Tabular model not a multidimensional OLAP. I don;t know what changed, but the queries don;t work anymore, and I cannot even create new MDX queries so I am totally stuck. Google does not have any answers yet, so i am going to continue looking after lunch of why my SSRS cube connections look like Tabular to SSRS"

Thank so much for your help

• Thanks Lowell, but the problem is not with SSMS but with Visual Studio 2017 SSDT trying to access multi-dimensional cubes with MDX. The Visual Studio software seems to assume that the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services connection type is for Tabular, even if the cubes are actually Multi-dimensional.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply