The Traveling Data Professional

• zoobly - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:36 AM

Are those pics from Cornwall?

if you are referring to my pics....then the answer is yes it is.

• Beatrix Kiddo - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:49 AM

I'm planning to go to Cape Town in December.

Yay. Cape Town's nice in summer, make sure you visit Cape Point. If you can, visit Knysna and Wilderness too.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:56 AM

Beatrix Kiddo - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:49 AM

Yay. Cape Town's nice in summer, make sure you visit Cape Point. If you can, visit Knysna and Wilderness too.

Possibly not Knysna as it got wiped out in a fire a couple of weeks ago... But the Garden Route generally is a good shout

• Not really  a vacation, but a couple hours on  Venice  Beach  were nice a few weeks ago. Love getting to the ocean when I can.

• First time poster.
    Me and my wife drove our 14 year old grandson (and 15 year old friends) from Wichita, Kansas to the Naval base in N. Chicago recently for a week of boot camp.  On our way back we drove up to Clear Lake, Iowa and visited the Surf Ballroom and the site where Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper plane crashed.  This is one of the things I wanted to do for some time. They died but Rock & Roll will live forever.

Cayetano Triana

• The view at breakfast last Sunday.

And the view at lunch.  I'm off to Borrowdale tomorrow to climb Scafell Pike on Sunday. I'll have to force myself to sit in the sun drinking beer and reading a book tomorrow evening but I'll cope.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Enjoyed a few days last week in the Co mountains. My wife riding.

• We did it. The view from the top of Ben Nevis on Saturday.  I'm second left.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Congrats, that's very cool. I need to summit the peak one day.

• GilaMonster - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:56 AM

Beatrix Kiddo - Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:49 AM

I've been to Cape Point before and am debating whether to go back or not. It's slightly out of the way of where we'll be. I'm really looking forward to it. (I lived there for a while as a child, although obviously a lot has changed since then!)
    Neil I love Awful Scawful ;). That's another of my regular haunts when I was younger. Great pictures.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply