Third PArty Tool for SQL Server Monitoring and alert emails

• Hello Every one

I am looking for the list of Third party toll which are useful for SQL Server Monitoring and Alerts. We have to send email to all users through alerts.

can you please provide me the list of Third party tool for Monitoring SQL server and Alert message of SQL server

Thank you

• Hi,

This topic has been covered many times before... A simple search of this site or indeed google will bring up many apps that will do the job. 🙂

Here are just a few...

SQL Monitor (Redgate)

Spotlight (Quest)

SQL Diagnostic Manager (Idera)

• It really depends on what you need. For straight forward monitoring and alerting, I suggest my companies software, Red Gate SQL Monitor[/url].

If you want to get into specific query tuning, you might want to check out Confio Ignite.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I agree with Grant, and will add also SQL Sentry.

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• There I was just reviewing your Performance Tuning Video from SQL in the City!

By the way thanks for the informative presentation.

• Shabba (8/5/2011)

There I was just reviewing your Performance Tuning Video from SQL in the City!

By the way thanks for the informative presentation.

Thank you! I hope it's useful.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I use SQL Diagnostic Manager (Idera) and it works quite well. I like the historical views and the fact that it basically has every PerfMon you could ever want built into it. It's pricey but I believe worth it. You can also create your own metrics and create custom alerts that will automatically email you (or a distribution group) when/if something has gone awry.

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Developing your own is always an option. I have worked on projects doing just that with my current and previous employer. Its a big challenge though, hundreds of hours of labour but the end result far outstrips an off the shelf product as its completly tailored to suit your enviornment.

MCITP SQL 2005, MCSA SQL 2012

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply