Ticker in SSRS

• Can we create a Ticker in SSRS?

• Tick box?

Countdown Timer?

Flashing icon?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• I am looking at displaying my data like a marquee text or a stock ticker.

• You are looking for a scrolling marquee.

Read here: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=86

Keep in mind, a SSRS Report is static text and needs to be refreshed to display new values.

You will need to incorporate HTML to get the scrolling effect, if possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Yes.. I am refreshing the report at a particular frequency. But wanted to implement the marquee feeling for a text. Let me try and will update you..

Thanks for the fast response. 🙂

• Could you enlighten me on the added value of such a ticker to your report?

In the nineties all websites were flooded with those horrible flashing text boxes since it was cool. I don't think it is anymore.

• This is not for having a flashy website. I have a report displayed on large LCD monitor and the report is already filled up with other data. I only have the top space to display the functionality. So I assumed the best option would be a marquee/ ticker sort of feeling for the text.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply