Timeout always goes back to 15 seconds ...why

• I set up an Analysis services DB and set a timeout but when I go back in it is always reset to 15.  What's up?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Which timeout value did you set?

Steve.

• Which service pack are you running? Seems to me this was an issue that was resolved in either SP2 or SP3...Are you talking about the query timeout setting?

Michael

mhweiss

• I'm talking about timeout in the database setup in analysis services and not about a query timeout.   About analysis services says it is version 8.0.760 (runs on Windows 2000, Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195, Compaq).  It is a connectivity thing.  To navigate to it: 

Step 1:  Go Into Sql Server Analysis Services.

Step 2:  Open the tree down through the analysis services server to the database.

Step 3:  Open Data Source folder.

Step 4:  Right Click on Data Source, Select Edit, Go to Advanced Tab.

In the advanced tab you will see a Connect timeout setting that always goes back to 15.

• neat find....  annoying but neat.

if you take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304213 , it indicates that you'll never get it to change from 15 seconds - (somewhat) typically it doesn't really tell you why

I tried modifying my reg as per the doc but it didn't seem to make a difference for me, you could always give thta a go if you're a willing registry hacker

Steve.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply