To Process files on a different domain using SSIS 2005

• Hi

I am facing issues while accessing files on a different domain within my SSIS package.

I want to read a csv file on a different domain accessible with a username/password and moving its data to a SQL table(on the server from where my sql job will be executed). Then archive the file after processing on the same domain where file was initially placed.

Also, i have to write new files created through my SSIS package via file system tasks on the other domain.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks.

• Hi ,

Follow following steps it will help u .

Use "Foreach Loop Container" to get your username/password and paths to variables

use "FTP Task" copy that file (Receive file) to local path .

use "Data Flow" process the file

use "File Task" delete file from local

use "FTP Task" copy that file to Archived (Send file) Remote location on that server

use "FTP Task" remove file delete remote file

Thanks ,

Sandeep Rawat

• The problem is that i do not have a FTP server so cant use FTP tasks. I have to implement without FTP. 🙁

• Then you can try

1 run package on all domain.

2 not sure will work but can try using comman name and password

• This is impossible with the current version of SSIS. You cannot impersonate or use domain credentials other than the credentials under which your package is executing.

So the suggestion with the FTP task will work and it looks like a nice workaround for this limitation.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• You will have to make your Domain a Trusted Domain of the other one and then run the package.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply