Today's Random Word!

• GilaMonster (12/7/2010)

Birthday.

Happy Birthday Gail! I hope you have a great day.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Gratz on both the Birthday and the Birth Day!

Joe

Mine.

Isn't it rude to ask age? πŸ˜‰

Happy Birthday Gail.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Ray K (12/7/2010)

GilaMonster (12/7/2010)

Mine.

Oh, I'm aware! But I seem to be in a rude mood this morning! :-D:hehe:

Heh careful Ray you'll end up like Jason πŸ™‚

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• CirquedeSQLeil (12/7/2010)

John Rowan (12/3/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/2/2010)

Newborn

Is there a congrats in order?

Yes - Baby girl is healthy

Congratulations Jason.

• Cigar!

(and congratz! πŸ™‚ )

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Congrats Jason! Congrats to the mom as well! And welcome to your newest addition. πŸ˜€

Congrats Gail on surviving yet another year on Planet Earth! :w00t:

-- Kit

• Kit G (12/7/2010)

And without murdering any project managers. Yet. :hehe:

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Ray K (12/7/2010)

GilaMonster (12/7/2010)

Mine.

πŸ™‚

34. Not so old that I'm bothered by age. Yet.

34? Sheez, you're just a kid! πŸ˜‰

(Then again, you're not that much older than my wife!)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Chris Morris-439714 (12/7/2010)

Ray K (12/7/2010)

GilaMonster (12/7/2010)

Mine.

Heh careful Ray you'll end up like Jason πŸ™‚

You sure I'm not already there? πŸ˜‰

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

Mine.

Not at all, unless within sight (if I can see you and I ask your age that's rude, because I am required to believe that you are the youngest age that can be reconciled with your appearance).

If someone can't see you, they can ask; you then have four options: "about 100 years older than I look" is a pretty good put-down; "about 100 years younger than I expect you look" is a slightly poorer one; you should be able to work out the other two for yourself.

Anyway, I reckon you're nearly 45 years younger than our oldest threadizen, so I don't have to ask. πŸ˜€

edit: only days ago you were only half my age; now, thanks to integer arithmetic and rounding, you are older than that!

Tom

Kit G (12/7/2010)

And without murdering any project managers. Yet. :hehe:

A year of failure, then: you should try to murder at least two per year! πŸ˜€

Happy birthday.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (12/7/2010)

Not at all, unless within sight (if I can see you and I ask your age that's rude, because I am required to believe that you are the youngest age that can be reconciled with your appearance).

Strangely enough when people guess my age (and I mean people that I've met) they tend to guess 5 or more years off, in either direction

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Tom.Thomson (12/7/2010)

GilaMonster (12/7/2010)

Mine.

If someone can't see you, they can ask; you then have four options: "about 100 years older than I look" is a pretty good put-down; "about 100 years younger than I expect you look" is a slightly poorer one; you should be able to work out the other two for yourself.

Anyway, I reckon you're nearly 45 years younger than our oldest threadizen, so I don't have to ask. πŸ˜€

edit: only days ago you were only half my age; now, thanks to integer arithmetic and rounding, you are older than that!

Tom, you look 134 in your picture.

• flotsam

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,481 through 3,495 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply