Tool to format code

• I am looking for a program that will reformat T-SQL code according to some readable, useable standard. Does anyone know of a tool? I used a program attached to SQL-Programmer a few years ago to reformat Oracle PL-SQL, but it did not support T-SQL.

I've inherited a large body of complex stored procedures, undocumented and poorly formatted. The derived tables are particularly difficult to read.

Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I've always just used a macro in Visual Studio for this. I don't know of any tools that will do this for you though. Plus I probably wouldn't like their formatting anyway 🙂

Gary Johnson

Microsoft Natural Language Group

DBA, Sr. DB Engineer

Gary Johnson
    Microsoft Natural Language Group
    DBA, Sr. DB Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and may not reflect that of my employer.

• There is a good formating program for Oracle PL-SQL code sold by QUEST.COM called "Formatter Plus", but it works on only simple T-SQL. I have not found anything worth bothering with for Microsoft SQL-Server. I would recommend the QUEST product for Oracle programmers - it is highly configurable, so you can set up the code as you want.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply