Totaling Data Non-Leaf Data Members

• Hi everyone, I am new in this world of Business Intelligence and this is my question:

I have a dimension Seller, it has a relation parent-child for its boss, but the boss too has sells. Are there any method for getting the total of my sellers without include the sells of their bosses.

Example:

Boss 1 Total = $600 (but he also too sells of $200, but default it would $800)

Seller 1 -> $100

Seller 2 -> $200

Seller 3 -> $300

With option must i include for don't include the boss as total of sells.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Regards.

• I assume that you are using Analysis Services - otherwise this will not help you at all... 🙂

You can the the boss'es own values by addressing .Datamember and if you subtract this from the value that you already have in a calculated member you will get the value without the boss, e.g.:

.Currentmember.Datamember)

(You should obviously exchange the text between " "'s with the real name of your measure and hierarchy :))

BR

Dan

• Sorry some of my text disappeared presumably because I was using some special characters... Following here is (hopefully :)) the full text...

I assume that you are using Analysis Services - otherwise this will not help you at all... 🙂

You can the the boss'es own values by addressing "member".Datamember and if you subtract this from the value that you already have in a calculated member you will get the value without the boss, e.g.:

"measure" - ("measure" - Seller."hierarchyname".Currentmember.Datamember)

(You should obviously exchange the text between "'s with the real names of your member and hierarchy :))

BR

Dan

• better go through some of the hot topics of Analysis services and pick the most relevant areas related to your queries...

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/analysis/default.mspx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply