Trace Flag 8207 on SQL2K5- How to implement it?

• Hi,

we tried to run dbcc trace on 8207 flag with -1 and it did not affect the deferred update that we are encountering in the database knowing that a single update on a unique clustered index only affects a single row.

Is there any alternative ?

Thanks in advance.

Sami ASSI

• Sami, I have been working on this problem, off and on, for months!!! Today, I have the beginning to the answer. My production system will be SQL 2005 bitransactional replication with customized conflict handing/reporting.

To identify deferred update problems, I stripped the scripts that build my replication to a transactional push replication, just one table with a PK, a unique constraint and a varchar (to see how this always updates as a singleton) – the trace flag still does not work. I took it to the next step; the scripts that build my replication are now produced from building the same type of replication in the GUI and walla; it works!!! I no longer get deferred updates. Why? dunno what is different that is causing the problem yet but if you are still interested, I’ll keep you posted.

If my terminology is throwing you for a loop, google SQL replication + singleton update.

Cheers,

David

• Thanks, David. I was suppose to post this error and question on forum and then I found your reply.

Thanks again.

SQL DBA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply