Training software ?

• Hi again,

I'm hoping someone here will know of a training program for SQL Server 2000 that will run on Win 2000 ? I have this great book to teach myself SQL with but dont have time to use it at work, i'd like to do this at home so I wondered if there was a version of SQL Server 2000 that acted like the Server as well as the client ?

Anyone know of anything ?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch....

• There is not version fo SQL Server that's a "client". There are eval versions available from http://www.microsoft.com/sql you can use at home.

• Thanks Steve... i'll take a look at that.

• the developer edition can be purchased for about the price of a book, too.

• If you get the SQL Server 2000 database design and implementation Microsft press book, which is a study guide for the 70-229 MCP exam, this comes with a free 120 day version SQL server enterprise edition. You can set this up on your home PC to run as a service. Just turn it on and off when you want to use it.

• It is called MSDE and it is included free with Office 2000 and higher.  You can use the 120 day eval to install the client tools to use with it.  There is also a developer version and personal version available from MS, but they are not free.

• If you have a full licensed copy of SQL 2K at work,  you could use the CD to load a "Personal" Edition on your PC at home (runs on 2000 Pr / XP Pro).  My understanding is that thie CD can be used multiple times if loading Personal edition only without breaking licence agreement.

This gives you the Server and client components in nearly their complete functionality.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply