tran_replication problem

• i done one transactional replication for a database (db1)from server1 to server2.after creation of publisher for db1 i pushed the same to server2.at last a pop up window of sql server enterprise manager come.

and it is showing the following error.

the subscription at subscriber server2 cannot be initialized immediately.

because the snapshot for this publication is not available .to initialize the subscription

start the distribution agent after the snap shot is available.

can any body tell me what is the problem

• Nothing wrong. It can take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours for SQL to generate the snapshot, which consists of scripts for the tables and indexes, plus BCP'ing the data out. If you've got your distribution agent running continuously it will send the data over as soon as the snapshot is complete, if not it will send it when it next runs (you can activate it manually if you wish). While its working the log reader is active, so all changes are being tracked and will be sent to the subscriber once the snapshot has been completed and applied.

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• thank u anty..

there is one more problem..

while doing replication time it failed in error details..

it is showing login falied for sa.but both servers are using one another account for replication

can u tell me where i have to change the account details for this account instead of sa.i changed in all agent profile.but still it is showing what is the problem

• It's probably the distribution process which is failing. In Enterpise Manager on your distributor go to Management\Jobs, find the job that has job type 'distributor' (or something like that), open its properties, go to steps, the middle step is the one that does the work, double click this to open the step, you'll see the paramaters that are passed to it here, scroll along. If it says (something like) -SubscriberSecurityModel 1 then change it to the following:

-SubscriberSecurityModel 0 -SubscriberLogin [AccountOnSubscriber] -SubscriberPassword PASSWORD

Where [AccountOnSubscriber] is the user you want it to log in on the subscriber as, and -PASSWORD is the password for that account.

If -SubscriberSecurityModel 0 is already there, then you should see those two extra paramaters as well and be able to change them as desired.

Apply changes, go back to your replication monitor and kick off the subscription again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply