Transaction isolation?

• Hi,

We have a software for tracking issues and tasks. I had to make an update script which runs every evening and updates only one field of one table for specific rows. Everything is fine, the rows are properly updated, I can query them immediately. But, the changed values cannot be seen from the application (only from SQL Management Studio or from Crystal Reports or from anything else) until the service for this software is not restarted. After restarting the application, the changed values will be displayed by the application as well.

The question is, how can this happen? The changed rows are commited after the update process. I am sure the solution is very easy for you gurus.

Thanks

• The application is saving the values in memory not reading from the database:

Either:

Perform the update thru the application and not directly to the database

or

restart the application service as needed

or

Discuss with the application developer how to refresh the values in memory.

SQL = Scarcely Qualifies as a Language

• Well restart would be the way, but it is not likely that the application's service stores all the values in memory. Is there a possibility to connect to SQL Server in a way that the application does not see changes made outside of its own connection?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply