Transaction Replication setup

• Hi All,

My req. is that I need to sync my test environment with the prod data for which I have set Transaction replication with pull subscription. The issue is my tester does add/modify some data in the tables and these changes are reflected in the PROD Server.

How Should I configure my subscription so that any changes in it will not propagate to PROD server.

Help greatly appreciated.

"More Green More Oxygen !! Plant a tree today"

• Hi,

Apparently you set up an updatable transactional replication. You should rebuild the replication, stating that it cannot be updated. Until that, remove the write permission of the developers 🙂

• Thanks for reply.

I think updatable subscribtion will propagate updates to the publisher which I dont want. My req. is publisher should updates the subscribtion so that the data are in sync with publisher server but users can read/write the subscription database without the subscribtion data updating the publisher.

Minaz

• Bingo !!:-D

I resetup the Transaction Replication with readonly subscribtion and the local users are able to update & insert the data to the subscribtion Database but the changes are not propagated to the publisher.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply