Transactional Replication filter not working after snapshot

• We have transactional replication with row filter clause i.e. " WHERE COLUMN1 IS NOT NULL".

When we apply the initial snapshot the filter works fine & the correct data is replicated. Immediately after 5-10 min later when some user updates a row where the column is NULL (Which should not be replicated due to filter), we see error 'the row was not found at the subscriber'., after finding the failing replication command using sp_browsereplcmds @xact_seqno, we found that its sending the updat for the row where column is NULL.

Please suggest if you have come across this error earlier.

...Kumar

• Thanks Krishna.

That was for dynamic filtering using <>HostNames. My issue is different with all 3 DB servers running sql 2005 SP3.

...Kumar

• Has anyone seen this issue earlier, waiting for a reply.

...Kumar

• I think i found the issue. The below article describes the same to also execute sp_articleview and sp_articlefilter

"Is the stored procedure (created with FOR REPLICATION) used to filter the table horizontally. filter is nvarchar(386), with a default of NULL. sp_articleview and sp_articlefilter must be executed manually to create the view and filter stored procedure. If not NULL, the filter procedure is not created (assumes the stored procedure is created manually). "

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173857(v=SQL.90).aspx

...Kumar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply