Transactional Replication - stored procedure problem

•  

I am use ASP.NET to create web applications. I have just setup my first Transactional replication between two servers. Next I needed to test what would happen if the live server went down.

I disconnected the live server and connected it to the backup server (doing all the ip setup bits as well). Then I tried running my web app.

The web app ran great. I can look at the data that was replicated. My problem is that I cannot seem to add any data. Ever time I try to run a stored procedure, the web app crashes with 'sa' account login failed. I tried running the stored procedures through SQL Query Analyzer, and it says the same thing.

I know there is no problem with the sa account, as I can view the data using this. There are no permissions set on any of the objects in the database. The only thing I can think of is that the replication has somehow disabled the ability to add data to the replicated database.

Can anyone point out what is happening?

In an insane world, the only sane choice is the insane one !

• Does SA have the same password on both boxes?  Not very familiar with replication so if this is a no-brainer I apologize

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Yes, the sa account has the same password.

Both boxes are designed so that we can just swap the wires round if something goes worng. Obviously, this problem needs to be fixed before I can do that.

In an insane world, the only sane choice is the insane one !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply