Transactional Replication with updatable subscribers without an initial snapshot

• I have one central DB and 4 remote databases. The central db will host the publication. I would like to set up transactional replication with updateble subscribers on each of the remote location without creating an initial snapshot. All table schema will be the same on all locations. Thank you for your time in advance...

• I did not understand what your question was. maybe you can specify what is the issue you are facing?

-Roy

• Thank you for reviewing my issue. This is my scenario:

- I have one central db (publisher)

- I have 3 other databases (db1, db2, db3) that will have the subscirption that will point to the central db. (All table structure is the same)

- An updatable subscription using an initial snapshot has already been created for db1 and transactional replication is working fine.

==Now i want to create a subscription on db2 and db3 with out overiding any data. (If i use the snapshot it will override existing data). I was wondering if i can bypass this snapshot issue. Thanks...

• When you are setting up the two new Subscribers just make sure that on the Snapshot Agent page, clear both “Create a snapshot immediately...” and “Schedule the Snapshot Agent to run at the following times”.

This will make sure that the Snapshot does not happen.

-Roy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply