transactions

• Can anyone please let me know how it would impact performance if I have inserts/updates/deletes written within a transaction and viceversa.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

• Can you please let us know the below

1) Are the inserts/updates/deletes performed against the same table ?

2) Is the transaction going to be executed simultaneously by different users ?

• Yes dml will be againt the same table and the same transaction can be run by multiple users. Thanks

• I would not write transactions if I don't need to, but if I need to, performance would have to yield to data integrity.  If the performance were terrible, I might have to consider another way, but so far that has not happened.

Bottom line:  If you need the transaction, write it.  If you don't, omit it. 

• I agree with kyle. For performance, try to keep your transactions as short as possible. This would greatly impact your performance if you have multiple users simultaneously accessing the same data.

• Every time you uses transactions you must be aware of two issues: 1) Transactions could increase the number of locks and resources 2) Right handling of nested transactions. Furthermore if the number of records and DB objects is very large. You must find the right balance between performance and data process integrity. In some cases performance decreases due the DB recovery model is not the appropiate for a especial case.. it means: The more detail transaction log writes, the less query performance. If its yours, then you can choose recovery model to SIMPLE.... It could help u.

Regards

Jorge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply