Transferring data from MySql to MS SQL Server

• Hi,

I have one Database Name DB_Emplolyee in Sql Server 2005 on particular server named ABC. It has only one Table name Employee

The Structure of table is as follows

Emp_id int Not Null

FName varchar(20) Null

MName varchar(20) Null

LName varchar(20) Null

DeptID int Not Null

DepTName varchar(20) Not Null

The table is empty.

Now there is same database in MY SQL on a server name XYZ. It has same Table name Employee. The structure of table is also same.

The table contains 20 records. Now I want to transfer this 20 records into MS SQL Server. This transfer should be online.

How can I do this . Please give me some solution.

Regards,

Nikhil

• You can create a linked server and then query it into your MS SQL DB. Do a little search on this forum about linking MySQL to MS SQL 😉

• Not directly relevant, but when converting MySQL to SQLServer, I used SQL_Maestro as an interface to dump out the tables for import into SQL .... FWIW

• nikhil.desai1 (5/19/2010)

Hi,

This transfer should be online.

What do you mean by the above?

You could just export the data to a file and then import it.

I've recently had to do this for a system that was delveloped in MySQL, granted there were a number of tables, but in the end I just did a MySQL backup which I could restore on the MS SQL 2005 server, then did a: INSERT INTO.... Select * from ....

Linked servers are considered poor security.

Leo

Striving to provide a better service.

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply