Transform Data Task

• All,

I’m very puzzled about a problem I’m having with running a stored procedure in a "Transform Data Task" task to create a txt file.

I made a fairly complicated stored procedure, which returns a record set (rs). This rs needs to be stored into a txt file and then distributed. I loop through an array of values for which I run the Transform Data Task to create a txt file for each item in the array.

When I check the rs by clicking the “preview” button in the Transform Data Task, it works juts fine. However when I go to the destination tab and click on "define columns" -> populate from source, I’m not getting anything returned. Using a table works just fine, which has me thinking about storing the rs into some table and use “select * from sometable” instead of exec procedure.

Has anybody seen this problem before??

Many thanks

Rob

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Do you have the latest service pak installed?

You didn't say which version of SQL you are using.

Gary

• All,

The problem has been solved by storing the data into a table using NEWID() as the table name. The stored procedure the creates a job (also using newid() as the name) in which I use DTS RUN to start a DTS package which creates the desired output.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply