Triggers

• thanks - good question

• :ermm:

CoolCodeShare (11/2/2011)

call.copse (11/2/2011)

Darn, I jumped wrong there, I guess it is because I just didn't think about it. Not really gone for the concept of DDL triggers much yet so just selected INSTEAD OF, FOR and AFTER.

Me tooo 🙁

Me too :ermm: ...in too much of a hurry, jumped without thinking properly, always a problem :w00t:

• good question, i answered correctly!! but in your next question, define the sql server version if is 2k8, 2k5, 2k0!!!

remember, 2k0 have only triggers FOR, AFTER and INSTEAD OF, however 2k5, 2k8 and later has ddl, dml and logon triggers.

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • rfr.ferrari (11/2/2011)

good question, i answered correctly!! but in your next question, define the sql server version if is 2k8, 2k5, 2k0!!!

remember, 2k0 only have triggers of FOR, AFTER and INSTEAD OF, however 2k5, 2k8 and later has ddl, dml and logon triggers.

I think it was just fine the way it was. With 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 coming soon, I would expect that "2005 or newer" is understood and that the authors should mention specifically if the QotD is about (or also includes) 2000.

• Glad to have answered it correctly.

Thank you for the question.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Andre Guerreiro Neto

Database Analyst
    http://www.softplan.com.br
    MCITPx1/MCTSx2/MCSE/MCSA

• Nice question, Thanks.

M&M

• Good question on triggers.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• First thought, ehh.. 😀

• Thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the question!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply