Trouble connecting to sql server 2012

• Hi

I have users that are trying to connect to SQL Server 2012 and they are getting this message-see attachment. The TCP/IP configuration is correct on that server and other users are connecting using the same username and password. Does anyone else know what I should look at? I did look at the Windows Event viewer and I saw this error.

'The event logging service encountered an error (res=1500) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin.' I'm not sure if this is connected to the connection issue. I do know that the timestamp for this error is around the time the users tried to connect. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kathy

• Looks like a client-side issue.

What is probably happening is something along these lines:

The connection pool is initialized with a number of connections, then for some reason it loses connectivity with the server and the connections in the pool become invalid. The pool fails to catch this condition and instead of reinitializing the connections in the pool, it returns closed connections to the consumers.

The fact that users can connect from the machine after the fact means that connectivity has been restored.

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply