trouble installing sql 2005 developer edition

• Hello!

I have a development server that has four instances of sql 2000 developer edition. I am trying to do a side by side upgrade to 2005. So I want to set up another four instances on the same server in sql 2005 developer edition. I ran the setup.exe, but it only shows me the client tools and documentation. I could not see the server components. Does anyone know what I am missing here?

Thanks for your input.

Kathleen

• Are you using right CD/media?

I have seen some installation 2 CDs...one contains only client tools other has sql server...

I don't think it is anything to do with server...try on the server/laptop..

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• If you copy the install media to disk into the same folder, make sure you copy the Tools CD first, followed by the Server CD.  If you copy in the right order you can install server and client components.  Do the copy in the wong order and you can only install the client stuff.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply