troubles with adding a drill through report at the 'sub total' value of a tablix report

• Hello All,

I'm trying to modify a tablix report which has 1 row-group (casetype) and 1 column group (campaign). The cells contain the sum of gifts and a total value under the row group and column group. Each cell drills through a detail report that displays all the gifts that add up to that sum. All works fine except for the drill through report in the 'Total' cell . Technically, it has to display all the gifts that have the casetype and campaign as the ones that show up in the tablix report. However, it only displays gifts of the first casetype.

To design the drill through report, I have the 'ACTION' in the text property of the cell to go to the detail report and I pass giftcampaign and casetype as parameters. Is there a way to adjust the expression to pass multiple parameters? So when i click on the 'Total' it takes to a report that shows all the casetypes and not just the first one. I tried using Join but i get an error. My drill through report is set to allow multiple values for the parameters and works fine when run by itself.

Any tips/ideas is much appreciated.

Thank you

Shruti

• If anyone has an answer for the above on how to send a blank or a multi-value when you click on a text box with 'Go to report' action set on a (sub)total line it would be very appreciated!

To clarify, on the sub-total it's where there are multiple groups in the rows with subtotals at each level and where a value for a subtotal line is clicked it is desired to only passthrough the necessary values that have been expanded out so far, instead of sending First values for the remaining unexpanded groups.

• Stephanie,

I figured this can be done by passing only the column value as a parameter to the sub-report and in the sub-report, modify the default values of the row parameter to pick only values that would be picked in the actual report. You can create a dataset with pretty much the SQL you use to pick certain row groups in your main report for the default values. So this way, it passes all the rows and the specific column.

Hope this helps

Shruti

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply