Truncate Error on Dataflow

• I'm on SQL Server 2005 and have the following in my dataflow:

1) OLE DB Source (sql table with a Description column nvarchar(200))

2) Multicast

3) Flat File Destination

Additional Info:

The Description column was initially nvarchar(100). I thought that by increasing it, it would fix it but it did not.

The process fails when it encounters Japanese characters.

The Error is:

Data conversion failed

. The data conversion for column "Description" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".

Cannot copyor convert flat file data for column "Description".

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED

. The ProcessInput method on component "Flat File Destination" (16) failed with error code 0xC02020A0. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

• I suspect that your destination may not be allowing multi-byte characters. Is the flat file destination UNICODE ?

• How do I check that?

• Edit the connection manager for the file. There is a UNICODE checkbox near the file name. If that is not checked, does the code page you are using support the characterset you are using ?

• That is not checked but how do I know if the code page I am using support the characterset I am using ? I'm not sure what this means.

• In the Code Page, I see Japanese, Chinese..... My file can contain any of these. The default is set to 1252 (ANSI - Latin I)

• Turning on the Unicode setting in my Destination File solved the problem.

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply